|PolartVideo.com Privacy Notice
Last updated: June 1, 2009.
What Personal Information About Customers Does PolartVideo.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at PolartVideo.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses PolartVideo.com. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at PolartVideo.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from PolartVideo.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
Does PolartVideo.com Share the Information It Receives?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of PolartVideo.com's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries PolartVideo.com, controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of PolartVideo.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Condition of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PolartVideo.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, we will never give information about you to third parties.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Which Information Can I Access?
PolartVideo.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with PolartVideo.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
Are Children Allowed to Use PolartVideo.com?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such PolartVideo.com features as your Profile, Customer Reviews, and Newsletter
PolartVideo.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use PolartVideo.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.